Ajit Kumar Doval, IPS (Retd), ( Age 72 years, born 20 January 1945) is a former Indian intelligence and law enforcement officer, who, since 30 May 2014, is the 5th and current National Security Adviser to Prime Minister of India.
Doval is the country’s spymaster and is known to send shivers down the spines of India’s enemies. Here are a few facts that you must know about our National Security Advisor:
- 46 nurses were trapped in a hospital in Tikrit, Iraq, a region controlled by ISIS. In June 2014, Doval was sent to Iraq on a secret mission. And he played a vital role in ensuring their secure return from ISIS hands.
- He's the man behind India's recent surgical strike on LOC & Myanmar Surgical strike as well.
- He terminated 15 hijackings of Indian Airlines aircraft from 1971-1999. He was India's main negotiator with the hijackers of IA flight IC-814 in Kandahar in ‘99.
- There were times when he made big changes in PM's security plan on his visits abroad.
- He lived as an undercover agent in Pakistan for seven years. I hope you know how they treat spying suspects, and you might've heard of Sarabjit?
- Doval posed as a Pakistani spy and collected info from Khalistani militants before ‘Operation Black Thunder’. (The Khalistan movement was a Sikh nationalist movement, which seeks to create a separate country called Khalistān in the Punjab region of South Asia.)
- He was actively involved in the anti-insurgency operations in Mizoram, Punjab, and Kashmir.
- He worked for six years in the Indian High Commission in Islamabad, Pakistan. And he has a master's degree in economics.
- He's 72 years old. Most of the govt officials retire at this age and enjoy the pensions.
- Former Director of the Intelligence Bureau, he’s one of India’s sharpest minds and is one of the foremost analyst and commentators on strategic national & international issues.
Ajit Doval Wikipedia
Ajit Doval Blog